Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sock Summit 2011

Holy Teacher List, Batman!  The list of teachers is finally up, along with the list of classes and vendors.  There's 60 teachers, 130 classes, and a whole crap load of vendors.  I didn't get to make it to Sock Summit in 2009, but I am so not missing it this year.  I don't want to miss it because Anna Zilboorg will be talking about her free sole socks (which is mind blowing) among other wonderful classes, but also because I have a class.  Three hours of Friday will be devoted to trying not to pee my pants in public. I'm teaching It's Hip to be Square - Bosnian Toes.  It's a one hour wonder that repeats three times in a row.  It's a fun little class (or I really hope it to be) that takes away the cumbersome toe-up cast on. I really love it for baby booties, but it always looks so fun on adult socks too.  We're not just learning the plain Bosnian toe either....we're going to mutate it too. 

The list of teachers is amazing.  There are very few that I don't recognize immediately (but upon clicking on their name, I feel like a dumbass for not knowing).  There's a teacher dinner where I'll be in a room with these amazing people.  I'm quite worried that I will not get all of my freaking out done ahead of time.  (I did okay at Sock Camp, but really was speechless when Anna Zilboorg started talking to me out of nowhere).

Sock Summit 2011.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment